Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

1/14/08

Winter Sunlight Painting by Jo-Ann Sanborn

I've just finished this Everglades painting, done from a photo taken when Rachael Kennedy and I were out in the glades last month. The day was overcast and threatening rain, but every now and then rays of sunshine would break through the clouds and shine down on the landscape. The light was mostly flat, uninspiring and hard to work with when you're painting outdoors looking for answers, but wonderfully transformed in the studio where you have time to internalize it all and aim for the right response. The warm colors are almost glowing and the reflections are nice. I'm going to have to work on my photo taking skills, though, since this one is better in person than I can get on camera!
Winter Sunlight 24x30 $900

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...