Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

9/16/08

Stormy Economy, Orchid Daily Painting by JoAnn Sanborn

Every time there's a hurricane in the Atlantic, Caribbean or the Gulf, I worry about losing everything, trying to prepare myself mentally for what could actually be a reality of life here on barrier Marco Island. We have plans. We know what to do, when to get out of the way. But in an economic crisis? What to do? I was born on the upside of the depression, after the great war, when our companies, our country, and our lifestyles were going uphill, not down. Ultimately and deeply I have faith that our country can weather this unknown storm. But what to do in the meantime? Paint, I guess!

This little orchid was left in my care when my sister-in-law left for the north. She's missing it's beautiful blooming!

Orchid
7" x 5"
acrylic on board
Sold

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...