Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

12/14/09

Seth Godin, One of a Kind painting by Everglades artist JoAnn Sanborn

One of a Kind
16x20, acrylic on canvas
$400

This palm caught my eye at the head of the Marsh Trail, the new trail into the Fakahatchee only a few miles from Marco Island. It was absolutely glowing in the warmth of the late afternoon sun. I took a photo and wanted to paint it before the memory faded. A few minutes later the sun had moved in the sky and the palm didn't have nearly the same appeal.

Times are fast changing, and one way I try to stay up to date is to read the blog of Seth Godin. He wrote "Tribes" and he's trying once again to update our thinking. His ideas are revolutionary, and he has an extraordinary group of friends You can get his new ebook, free, here.Wish I had time to figure out what a riff is--I'll save that exercise for later!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...