Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

12/4/09

Full Moon, Commissions, Painting by Everglades artist JoAnn Sanborn


Today's Everglades painting is a 16x20, started and worked on just for the pleasure of it. I've been busy with commissions, including a large one due next week in soft neutrals with a touch of greens and blues, another of the Adirondack Valley, and another painting I'll give as a Christmas gift.

I usually have several paintings going at a time since it keeps the work fresh picking it up anew several times a day. It keeps me from getting bogged down in one paintings issues, which often solve themselves if I see them out of the corner of my eye while I"m working on something else.

Still, it was fun to do just what I wanted for a while! This painting will get another go-over before I'm done since the sky isn't quite right yet, but I love the dawn softness this scene will portray.

Have you been enjoying the glorious full moon we've had this week? A couple of days ago it was positively glowing when I left the gallery at the Esplanade and headed home. Lovely!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...