Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

1/4/10

Goals and Resolutions, Happy in Crowds daily painting by artist JoAnn Sanborn


Happy in Crowds
5x7 acrylic on board
$150

Now that the holidays are past, it's time to begin working toward the year's goals. Setting goals, with completion times attached, is the best way for me to get something done.

I'm going to paint a large painting every month. I want to take at least one painting class this year, visit more museum shows, finish cataloging my paintings, improve my newsletter, and thank people who help me weekly. I'm grateful for my online friends, art and otherwise, and want to do a better job of connecting online.

As I thought about the coming year, I believe that most people expect it to be better than the last few years. But what does that actually mean? More access to money? Better jobs? New houses? That we'll go back to times before the last decade? The reality is that times change in ways we can't foresee.

So, I'm going to try to keep an open mind in 2010. Look at new things without prejudice and maybe try a few. We can move along with the tidal swell of the future, or we can look back, digging our feet in the sand. If we do, we're left behind.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...