Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

2/25/11

Everglades Safari,

Banana Wind, Jo-Ann Sanborn 1995
acrylic on canvas, 20"x30"

You will NOT find me at the Naples National Art Show this weekend, as you have for the past six years.  This year I've decided to do something different, and will participate in the Friends of the Fakahatchee Everglades Safari.

Anyone who has read this blog for more than a day knows of my love for the Everglades and my concern for it's future.  This group does a great job of both interpreting and maintaining the Fakahatchee, one of my most beloved painting spots.  The Safari is a fund raiser for them, and several artists have been asked to participate by showing their work.  I'm delighted to be among them! 

The Safari was a sell-out last year, and even though it rained, the participants all agreed it was a fabulous day.  This year should be even better.  You can chose the activities you'd like to participate in, from taking a birding walk with an expert to a swamp buggy ride, and end up around a campfire eating barbecue.  Come along!  You'll be glad you did!

If you're visiting the Naples National Art Show and missing my work, you can visit Aura Fine Art Gallery just up the street at 837 Fifth Avenue, just above Chops.  They'll be showing a number of my paintings through Monday. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...