Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

2/9/11

Icebergs, almost a whine, and a recovery


Monday, pleased with myself, I delivered 23 fine paintings, a little over six months work, to Aura Fine Art Gallery in Naples.  I also washed my windows and spoke for Arts Afire at the Marco City council meeting. Today we'll host a group from the Woman's Cultural Alliance at the Artist Colony at the Esplanade.  I'll supply tea sandwiches for 40 people, homemade, of course. That's what I did yesterday, Arts Afire meeting, groceries, tea sandwiches, computer training.  Tomorrow is the opening reception of my show Corner of the Glades at Aura Gallery and I'm hoping to see you there. Saturday is a Left Bank Art Fest at the Esplanade.  My sister and her husband will come from New England for a few days.  Phew! 
The iceberg?  I need a day to chill out!

It's mid-February, only half way through Marco's busy season, and I'm looking at a real killer week in March.  Still, it's a great time with exciting stuff happening, clients stopping by, a positive and energetic time.  I'm not whining, just hoping I have the energy to keep up!

But it's the painting that drives me, and I've got plans for a nice walk in the Everglades with family.  I know it will spark some ideas that are brewing in my brain for some new work!

By the way, if you are on the island and haven't yet nominated someone for one of the coveted Arts Afire Flame awards, you can do it here.  Deadline is Feb 15.

1 comment:

Judie said...

I spent yesterday choosing artists for Pima County's public art along a boulevard here. I saw some amazing outdoor sculpture and mosaics!
Thanks for stopping by my post and leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...