Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

2/4/11

Reception Invitation, Last Stand painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn


Last Stand, Jo-Ann Sanborn
Acrylic on Canvas, 9 12x12 pieces

You're Invited!

Corner of the Glades
New Work, Jo-Ann Sanborn
Reception February 10th, 6-9 pm.m
Aura Fine Art Gallery
837 Fifth Avenue South
Naples, FL  34145

upstairs over Chops!

I’ve been asked to hold a solo show at Aura Fine Art Gallery in Naples, and I've been working on new paintings since early summer when the show was first offered.  The gallery is showing three pieces of my work in anticipation of the show, and I'll deliver another 22 paintings next week. 

Most of the scenes are from the Fakahatchee.  It's been difficult for me to get further afield this year, and some great new access has come available close to Marco Island. Some of the new paintings have been previewed on this blog, and other pieces haven’t been shown anywhere yet.

The painting above, Last Stand, is a new, colorful, nine-piece painting that will be sold as one piece.  I painted something quite similar but different quite a few years ago that's hanging in a dentist office, and wanted to explore the idea further.  It can be hung as shown, or the pieces can be configure to fit your space needs or your aesthetic.  There's been quite a bit of interest as I've worked on the piece in the studio, and you can see it in person at the reception. 

You are invited to the reception, Thursday, February 10th, from 6-9. If you haven’t received a post card about the show from me, it’s because you are not on my mailing list, you have moved and didn’t tell me, or I don’t have your complete address as in the case of some condos. 

In addition, he Post Office is returning the cards to me with a “not deliverable as addressed” label. Yet when I check the address, it is exactly as it appears on my list, delivered previously, or if I check the phone book or online, the address is correct. Almost 10% of the cards have been returned for unknown reasons.  It’s an infuriating waste of money to put stamps on mail that is not delivered even though the address seems correct.

If you have not received a card from me you are still invited! You're welcome to bring friends, too.  Put it on your calendar right now, come along and join the fun. We’ll have a good time, you’ll see my latest work, and if things go well some paintings will be going to new homes.

If you are not able to attend the reception, the paintings will be on display at Aura Gallery from Feb. 10 to Feb. 24. Thanks, Barb and Tim for this opportunity! 

Oh, if you’d like to be added to my snail mail list (at your own peril) you can email me here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...