Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

2/11/11

Gallery Show, Earth, Water, Sky painting by Everglades artist JoAnn Sanborn

Earth, Wind, Sky, by Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 16x20

Earth, Wind, Sky is one of the Everglades paintings sold at the gallery reception last evening.  A relatively simple painting, it has a nice quality of moisture to the air that gives it a softness and distinction not always achieved. 

Thank you, Aura Fine Art Gallery, for a wonderful show and a fun reception.





The gallery was beautifully hung with my paintings, with a lovely "goodies" table and plenty of wine.  A woman was hired to stand outside downstairs and make sure people knew about the opening and could find their way up to the gallery, and Barbara and Tim were welcoming and helpful.  Being helpful at one point meant moving paintings here and there at my request as collectors wanted to see two paintings together or in different light.  Thank you! 

Several painting were sold to some of my very dearest collectors.  I was surprised and delighted by very special collector friends who came straight from the airport to attend the show!  Others I hadn't seen for a while warmed me with their greetings.  Thank you! 

Some of my favorite artists came, too, like John Bartolus of Historic Cottages of Naples Calendar fame, and Shannon White, an artist friend now turned jeweler.  (they'll have to get online!) Richard Rosen, fabulous ceramic artist stopped by, too.  Thank you!

Students came.  I love teaching, and to have students come out to one of my shows is an honor.  Thank you! 

Walking into a gallery filled with your work and having people tell you that they respond to this piece or that is just about the best thing that can happen to an artist.  I'll float on this one for a long time!  Thank you! 

The show will hang through February 24th, so if you missed the reception you are still welcome to stop by Aura Gallery and visit the show. It's on 5th Avenue South, just above Chops in downtown Naples. In the meantime, maybe I'll see you at the Left Bank Art Fest at the Esplanade on Saturday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...