Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

10/24/12

Everglades Light Show, 2012, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on board, 5"x7"
 
 
Taking my own studio/gallery at the Esplanade is scary!  It's like taking a step in the dark when you can't see what's there.  Usually it works out OK, but sometimes you step on the dog and it gets crazy for a while.  Still, you gotta take the step....and....
 
The new studio is terrific!  The space is just the right size, there's enough storage, and narrow wall shelves make it easy to display paintings, and to move them around when one sells.  Since I'm there four days a week, it's an extension of my home studio, so I've tried to make it comfortable and inviting. 
 
The Grand Opening is Thursday, October 25, 5:30-7pm.   I hope that you are able to come and celebrate with me.  And would you please pass this invitation on to anyone who has one of my paintings and might not read this blog?  Thanks!
 
I'll have chilled Champagne and some delicious handmade chocolates from Nichols Candy for you.  They've been making chocolates since 1932, and were a special and rare treat in my childhood.  I breathed a sigh of relieve when they arrived to our hot climate unmelted. Another sigh of relief when the little gifts for the opening were found after being lost in the mail for a week.  Phew! 
 
Getting out into the quiet wilderness of the Glades has kept me sane these last couple of weeks.  It's my inspiration, and the Everglades never disappoint.  Today's painting is about a line of palms in the late day light.  I'd like to explore this subject and location further, and will do a bit larger painting.  If that goes well, maybe even larger! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...