Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

7/3/13

Frolicking in France, Blue Monday daily painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Blue Monday, 2013, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on board, 5"x7"

The frolic in France is over.  Au revoir, mes amies!  We had a great time, but agreed that what happens in France, stays in France, so I won't say too much more.  My lips are sealed about how much chocolate was eaten,


wine consumed, and. . . oh dear. . .and who ATE THE CHEESE!


You may recognize friend and artist Dreama Tolle Perry as the lead troublemaker!  Just sayin'

I've got photos in three places, (ipod, ipad and camera and it will take a while to organize them all, but there's a good number that will make lovely small paintings, so you'll have to excuse me if you see a little French rose or a watercolor postcard of them from time to time.
 


I had been tempted to slide a few tubes of acrylic paint in my case, just in case I couldn't make the switch to oils, but didn't do it and now am glad.  Am I a convert to oil painting?  Too early to tell.  I learned a lot about transparent oil painting, and like the way the paint moves.  For the first time I really felt some control, rather than making mud as I have in the past.  And, delightfully, one of the other artist purchased my very first painting.  What an honor! I was happy to get one of her very lovely watercolor postcards as part of the deal. 


While I really enjoyed the Lavender fields, it was wonderful to see how beautiful the Everglades looked on the ride home from Miami.  The light was lovely, and the golds and purples will be inspiration once again in the days to come. 

It's good to be back!  I'll be in the studio during regular hours starting today, and may open for a while on the 4th if its rainy.  Have a wonderful Fourth of July holiday, and remember how much we Americans have to be thankful for.

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Une très jolie publication... De merveilleuses photos accompagnées de jolis mots et pour couronner le tout une magnifique peinture aux belles nuances de couleurs.

Gros bisous

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

Merci Beaucoup! France was such fun, and beautiful to paint. So glad you enjoyed it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...