Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

7/15/13

Treats for tea, daily painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Treats for Tea, 2013, Jo-Ann Sanborn
oil on board, 5"x7"


Tea on Friday was great fun, with a nice group showing up and enjoying the French paintings.  Both Joanne and I were happy they were so well received, and that several sold.  I was so pleased that artist friends from Naples also made the trip to Marco for tea. 


There were two winners for the French Artists matching contest.  Joan won a sketching set and Dolores a post card, and Judy was delighted to win the framed post card drawing. 


I'm getting more comfortable with painting in oils, and really enjoying a new medium.  Not ready to give up the acrylics, but sliding the paint around a little easier than my first few.  Treats for Tea was fun to paint, and I made special effort not to overwork it.  Not easy, but I put down the brush when I started getting fussy with it! 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...