Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

7/11/13

Lily Pond, Le Vieux Couvent, daily painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Garden Pond, 2013, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on board, 8"x10"
 
At Le Vieux Couvent, in Frayssinet, France, this little lily pond is just off the studio patio.  There are several large bull frogs in the pond, and if you were very quiet they would begin to sing.  Well, croak.  Loudly and with character. 
 
As soon as you moved closer they would dive for the bottom.  It took me several days to actually see one, but once I knew what I was looking for--mostly two bulbous eyes and a pulsating throat--and learned to move quietly enough, I could pick them out of the green that camouflaged them. 
 
You can see this little painting and the others from my trip if you get your "oui, oui" on and come to tea, Friday, June 12th, 4 p.m in the studio.  Joanne Lawand will join me in showing you our best French paintings, show photos of the trip, have a small little contest, and draw a name for winning one of the French scene post cards.  Hope you can come!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...