Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

7/9/13

Old Variety Rose, daily paiinting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Old Variety Rose, 2013, Jo-Ann Sanborn
oil on board, 5"x7"
 
I've always loved roses, and had several climbing varieties when I lived in New England.  I've got one here in Florida, too, and every now and then it will surprise me with a lovely bloom.   Making rose hip jelly was something I did in the fall when the fat rose hips from the Rosa Ragosa along the sure tempted me. 
 
Roses are not particularly difficult to grow if you choose the ones that like the environment where you plant them.  In France, rose growing is a national sport, and almost every home has at least a few roses in the yard.  I did a watercolor postcard of the rose garden, below.
 

 
You may have received my newsletter yesterday.  If not, and you're interested in hearing more about France, you can click here to read it. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...