Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

5/16/08

Framing and Talking

I mostly sell my paintings framed, so dashed across the Everglades early yesterday morning to pick up an order of frames from my supplier who had received a container the day before. We found upon opening the boxes that the style I needed most came through with an unacceptable quality. I was able to get some of what I needed, dashed back in time for yesterday's Artist's Tabletalk luncheon.
A wonderful group of women artists on Marco Island meets once a month for art talk. We are all serious artists working regularly, and have only one rule for our table--that for those two hours, the subject must be art! If someone digresses we lead them back to art. We struggle to have only one conversation going on at a time, so have a limit of 12 participants and sit at a round or square table. We start by going around the table so that each artist can take a couple of minutes to tell about what they've been working on, reading about, or exhibitions seen in the month since we've met. We're usually so excited about what everyone is doing that this takes most of the time! We all know that we spend so much time in our studios working alone that socializing becomes very important. Meetings like this energize me. I'm so grateful for all my artist friends who take the time to come to the table! I hope they get as much out of it as I do!
Today's painting is a simple one reminiscent of my mad dash across the glades. It's just about a hundred miles across from Naples to Fort Lauderdale and this scene is a common one. Remember, all my prices include a simple gold frame.

Golden Grasses
7" x 5" (17.8cm x 12.7cm)
acrylic on canvas
$150 plus $10 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love the glow of what looks like late day sun in what I refer to as the Golden Hour.
It's a soft wash and you've done a beautiful rendering of it here.

The colors in this one are so lovely.

Your art groups are a great idea and wonderful way to exchange views and information.

Seems there are so many artists in Florida-probably everywhere as the quantity of artists' blogs seem to represent.

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

There are many more artists than even a few years ago. The secret is out that South Florida's a great place to paint. Try a lunch with even two or three who want to get together to talk about art! You never know what each will bring to the table! We have ours in a restaurant, but you can brown-bag it, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...