Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

5/14/08

Stream in the Back Country is a little larger than my last few daily paintings. I had blocked it out a while ago, and it was sitting there quietly waiting to be completed. It's a nice country meadow, and if you know Collier county you can find the scene off Turner River Road. I enjoyed working with the deep, rich colors. The rest of the last two days were spent opening a Paypal account and learning how to get the button working. I wanted Paypal because you can purchase a painting with your private information secure and it can be used from anywhere. But I so struggle with the technical aspects of the Internet. (Sigh) Deep apologies if you received several strange emails or repeats on Monday. I'm not sure how it happened, but will really try to ensure this doesn't happen again!
Many, many thanks to David Darrow, a fine artist with technocrat abilities as well. In addition to David's skill as an artist, he wrote a Paypal button compatible with Blogger for other artists to download. Paypals own buttons are more suited to Ebay, so are sometimes cranky on Blogger. Although we have never met, when I emailed David with my questions and frustrations, he immediately called to help. I'll be forever grateful! Also thanks and congratulations to Ms Ries, who was willing to give the Paypal way a try when she contacted me to purchase "Hurricane Cut." She and her sister own many of my smaller paintings, sometimes exchanging with each other back and forth. They're among my dearest collectors!

Stream in the Back Country
20" x 16" (50.8cm x 40.7cm)
acrylic on canvas
$500 plus $25 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...