Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

2/25/09

Painting, Followers, and Marsh Sunrise daily painting by Everglades artist JoAnn Sanborn



Marsh Sunrise
7" x 5" (17.8cm x 12.7cm)
acrylic on Panel
$150 with FREE shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.



Today's daily Everglades painting was done almost entirely with a palette knife. There's a freshness about it and the texture adds interest. I've always painted thinly, using the acrylics almost like pastels, so it's fun to use a little more paint with the knife. It's much more immediate to use the knife rather than creep up on the light as usual. Looks like I'm experimenting more and branching out. Is change in the air or is it just the new beginnings of spring? Too early to tell!

Posting my blog three times a week is a discipline I've developed over the last two years. Its good for my art and good for me to have to define who I am as an artist and a person. I've gotten better at some of the technical aspects of the Internet and social media tools, some aspects remain a mystery despite my efforts. I'm grateful for each and every one of you who take this journey with me and for those who let me know they're there through comments or direct emails. There are well over a hundred of you now, and each one of you is special to me.

Today, I'm excited to announce that I have the honor of my first follower! Someone has publicly added me to their daily Reading List! You can see them by tracking back to the blog and looking well down into the right hand column. You can click on them, too, just like a link to learn more about them. I"m hoping they won't be alone for long!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...