Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

6/22/09

Chris Curle, Marco Island Dining, We're very Close daily painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

We're very Close
5x7
Acrylic on Canvas
Sold
Today's daily Everglades painting, We're very Close, shows palm trees growing on a bit of land just a few inches higher than the surrounding wet prairie. They're close, but you can see their tops stretching for their own bit of light.
We’re having family visits again. Family visits are special times, but since our home is of modest size, this means that the studio and the office/library are both unavailable for a few days. Both are equipped with Murphy beds that can sleep guests comfortably. Oh, I can get in and out of the rooms for the essentials, but painting for any length of time is just about impossible. Luckily the large commission I’m working on is going well and it looks like I’ll be able to get it done in time, and I can do the daily paintings on my small thumb box easel anywhere!

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a big supporter of Marco Island as well as the Everglades. I was delighted when we became a city and delighted when our tax money started getting spent on the island instead of elsewhere in the county. I also believe in shopping locally, and urge you to take advantage of what’s right here on the island. This especially makes sense during difficult economic times, and when gas prices rise.

Island restaurants are really making an effort to offer you a deal worth staying home for. Well known columnist Chris Curle has created a great list of Marco’s restaurant specials and options in an article in the Marco Eagle this week. We’ll be dining out. How about you?

2 comments:

Rob Hazzard said...

Love this painting, especially the purples and golds, very pleasing.

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

Thanks, Rob. I never get tired of the palms, and the light is constantly showing me something new!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...