Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

6/23/13

Door in Frayssinet by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Le
Door at Le Vieux Covant, 2013, Jo-Ann Sanborn
8x10, oil on board

Yes, you are on the correct blog but this is not the Everglades! There are so many picturesque scenes here at Le Vieux Covant in Frayssinet, France, that it is hard to decide what to paint first.
As many of you know, I am not an oil painter. I've tried them on and off over the years and decided that they were not for me, yet I am using them on this trip trying to keep an open mind about it! And, there's a possibility I'll become a convert, or at least a user!

I'm traveling with a wonderful group of artists, led by artist Dreama Tolle Perry. We are living in a group of beautiful old buildings that have been converted into a place for artist retreats. The food is magnificent, the beds comfortable, and the abundant painting scenes on the grounds are covered with fragrantly scented roses. Charm everywhere you look.

There are nearby ruins, lily ponds with magnificent bull frogs, stone steps and church bells, sheep and cows. All told, it is a painters dream, and I feel so fortunate to be here. More to come!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...