Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

6/8/13

Mangos! Daily painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Tea on Friday was a very nice event, with a number of friends and collectors stoping in for a cup. I'm embarrassed that I forgot again, despite my good intentions, to take photos. At the next tea I will assign this duty to someone more responsible! In any case, strong tea drinking countries like Britain and Australia were well represented.
We were very fortunate to have some delicious homemade goodies among the tea sweets. My Aussie friend brought some delicious scones, perfect with blackberry jam and cream.
Another friend contributed some fabulous mango bread. Mangos are plentiful this time of year on Marco Island. Those who don't have a tree of their own almost certainly know someone who does have one. A basket of take-away mangos was much appreciated and empty by closing time!
I've done a couple of small paintings of the mangos on my friend's tree. The colors are delightful, and the fruit itself is luscious and healthy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...