Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

6/5/13

Knee-deep, 2013, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 36"x24"
 
I've been painting the Everglades landscape for a number of years now.  Landscape painting is a direct connection to nature, and the time that I spend in the wild nurtures my soul.  My soul is getting a little testy with all this rain!
 
It rains here this time of year.  I know this.  We have two seasons in Southwest Florida, the wet and the dry.  June 1 begins the rainy season.  Animals and plants have evolved to take advantage of this environment.  It works well for them.
 
But people?  I'm already moaning about the number of dark clouds, grey days, sprinkles and downpours.  But you can be sure there will be more to come. 
 
Forget the showers and come to tea on Friday.  We'll have a nice cuppa, chat, check out my new plein air equipment, you will be given a copy of Eric Blair's essay on how to make a perfect cup of tea, and maybe even win a watercolor postcard.  
 
4 p.m., at the studio.  See you there with sunny smiles on! 

 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...