Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

6/3/13

Slow down, and Orchids, painting by Everglades artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

Orchids, 2013, Jo-Ann Sanborn
acrylic on canvas, 20x24


Slow down and smell the roses. Well, orchids in this case.  Slow down, you move too fast!  No, not the Simon and Garfunkel 59th Street Bridge Song, Feelin Groovy, but me, talking to myself!   

I was rushing around last week, moving too fast getting some groceries, and fell in the parking lot as I tried to outrun the rain.  Squished a mango and bumped my head pretty hard.  I'm fine, just fine, but ended up with two very ugly black eyes.  No photos! 

It reminded me of the Aesop's fable the Tortoise and the Hare.  I wasn't racing against anyone but myself, but lost this race!  Not many rabbits here that I've seen on the island, but Marco has some wonderful gopher tortoises.  Thanks to a friend, here's a little Marco Island tortoise for you to enjoy. 


Don't forget to slow down and smell the flowers,  Watch your step, and take time out for tea on Friday at 4 at the Studio.  YOU are welcome! 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...