Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

7/11/08

Marco Island Orion Bank Artist Appreciation







Everyone who attended the Marco Island branch of Orion Bank at the innovative "Artist Appreciation" Series last night seemed to enjoy themselves thoroughly. I was very pleased to be the featured artist and did a short talk about my work and a demonstration of how I begin a painting. Keith Dameron, Orion Branch manager sponsored the event and has held three previous art evenings. Refreshments are provided by the bank and Paradise Seafood, and the Marco Island Center for the Arts is a partner. Thanks, Chris & Keith, for all your help! These evenings are well attended by an interested crowd and have become community events. An auction of one of my paintings was held to benefit the Art League of Marco, and depending on the amount bid, the winners could choose from a variety of paintings. Bidding was hot and the Art League will receive a donation of $1000 for the winning bidder. Many thanks to all who bid! The winners spent quite a bit of time deciding between two paintings. My husband and I will take the two paintings to their house next week so they can see them in place to help them decide.
It was an honor to have people so interested in what I do, and I thank each and every one of you who came out last night!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...