Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

7/2/08

How can a machine be so frustrating? I installed some new ad-ware yesterday and today can't open my photo program. UGH! If you own a computer you probably find that your stress level is occasionally raised to the point where you'd like to throw the thing right out the window! Through the window! It's that kind of morning for me. I want to be busy putting the finishing touches on a painting I'm working on, getting ready for the art class that I'm teaching this morning, and getting my blog done. Instead, my photo program won't open and I've spend the last hour trying to open it. I've tried every way I can think of, and am now working on ways to work around this problem. I can, thank you God, get to the pictures--just not open the program to edit them. Scream!

My husband and I attended a wine-tasting at the Art League of Marco last night in honor of our friend and wonderfully creative artist Angelika Kade. Her work will be on display there for the rest of the month and it's well worth the trip to see her beautiful stone sculptures. The wine tasting, by Island Liquors, was well attended and much enjoyed, as was a cake with a picture of one of Angelika's sculptures on it made by Publix Supermarket. A nice community art event!

Sunny Day started as a class demonstration last April, and in my studio clean-out went into the "has potential" pile. I finished it yesterday and am pleased with the clear summer light of it. You can see it in person by coming to Orion Bank next Thursday, July 10 from 6-8 where you can see more of my work and a short presentation at Orion's popular Artist Appreciation series.

Sunny Day
20" x 16" (50.8cm x 40.7cm)
acrylic on canvas
$500 plus $35 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...