Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

7/25/08

Surrounded by Family Everglades Daily Painting

Oh, what a beautiful morning! The sun is up in a clear sky, the birds are singing, (well, there's a chirp here and there) and I can spend the whole day in the studio. Some if my time will be spent working on a commission to illustrate a children's story. How does that mouse's shoulder move when he's reaching out with a berry? I'm still getting up to speed on mice and squirrels, and will share with you when I get closer to a finish.
Today's painting is my first on some new, small canvas painting panels ordered recently. The support is a "green certified Masonite-type hardboard and the canvas is finely woven cotton with enough priming to get a luminous quality to the work , yet enough tooth for the paint to grab onto. After struggling with a variety of brands, I'm in love with these for the daily work! They came quickly, were just as advertised, the price was right! You can learn more about them or order at dailypaintingpanels.blogspot.com

Surrounded by Family
5" x 7" (12.7cm x 17.8cm)
Sold

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...