Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

7/23/08

Mid Day Calm Florida Everglades Painting

This painting was started as a demonstration at Orion Bank's Artist Appreciation Series last week. It was fun to do, but there was only a ghost of a painting on the canvas at the completion of the short demo. I wanted to complete the painting while the idea was still fresh in my mind, and also to have it finished for the Center for the Arts Wine and Cheese on August 5th, so I got right to work. I like how it all came together! The shape of the palms and how they fit into the exotic frame of the Everglades continues to inspire me and even if a return to a site each day the light is so different that the same clump of palms can have a whole different interpretation.
By the way, after much serious consideration and debate, and the much moving of paintings, the couple that won the Art League Benefit Auction picked the water scene that you can see in an earlier post. In addition, they purchased two small paintings to accompany the larger won. Thanks from both the Art League and me!

Mid Day Calm
30" x 24" (76.2cm x 61.0cm)
acrylic on canvas
$900 with FREE shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...