Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

12/7/07

Fakahatchee Fantasy Everglades Painting

Almost all of my images come from the land itself rather than my imagination, however I've had to be home a little more than usual lately and that still means painting every day. I've been wanting a little more texture on the surface, so I texturized this canvas with a thick layer of gel before beginning to paint. That gave the grasses a nice texture from the start. I just went on from there, developing the image and making sure that the layers of glazing gave the image a deep glow. There's a small moon on the horizon, a deep, deep sky, the ever-present grasses and, of course, the water, inching slowly through the grass to the gulf.

Congratulations to Dr. Nicholas Marciano who has several of my paintings hanging in his Bonita Springs dental office! Have a great weekend!
Sold

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...