Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

12/3/07

These palms are on the Marco Island side of the Jolley Bridge and are set off beautifully by the gorgeous bougainvillea below them. My inventory of small paintings is low, so I'm going to concentrate on building it up before the busy winter season.

Art in the Park on Saturday was almost a disaster for us. We were already handicapped due to my husband's carpel tunnel surgery and expected him being one-handed to slow us down. Then, our tent, which had a part on order, completely fell apart when we tried to set up. Thanks to Show Chairman Tom Taylor we were able to borrow a tent rather than have to go home and wait for parts. Tom handles any show problems with a warm heart and a cool head and is a real asset to the Naples show scene. Turned out to be a beautiful day although the crowd was light as it often is this time of year. There was plenty of time to visit with one of my dearest collectors. Kevin has more of my paintings than anyone, and a great eye for some of the best!

The Art League of Marco Island held a lovely reception yesterday for their "Wrap Up Art" show. The idea of the show is to encourage people to purchase art for themselves and others during the December gift giving season. The Art League gift shop is a great place to shop for gifts too. I received an merit award for my painting "Sunday Morning", and was delighted to learn that my other entry into the show had been purchased. Sold

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...