Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

12/21/07

I've been wanting a little more texture in some works, and decided to experiment with Late in the Day. I first textured the canvas with a thick layer of gel, and the proceeded with many layers of glaze. After working for a number of days, and letting the layers dry thoroughly between layers, I finally achieved the almost iridescent quality that I wanted in the background. Several of the layers contain gold paint, which peeks out inoffensively now and then!
Last night my husband and I attended a reception at the Sweet Art Gallery for an exciting show of local work including four of my pieces. The artists had a great time visiting and admiring each others work, the great crowd seemed really interested in the paintings. The gallery itself is faux painted beautifully letting you know you are somewhere special even before you go in. This show will be up till mid-January, so stop by if your able. Sweet Art Gallery, 2054 Trade Center Way, Naples.
Hope that you are almost done with the "have to's" for Christmas and down to the "want to's." Sing a few Christmas carols and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...