Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

12/5/07

Mini-paintings are a great way to get started in the morning. You get reacquainted with the paint and the feel of the brushes before starting something larger or more serious. Sometimes a mini is all that gets done. Today I'm off to a meeting of the Leadership Marco Wet Paint Live committee of the Marco Chamber of Commerce. I'm really excited about the idea that Marco business people are becoming aware of what the arts can do for our city. The arts can strengthen the economy of an area, and there are statistics to bear this out. Cultural tourists stay longer and spend more! So I'm willing to spend of my time working to help build partnerships with the business community. ArtQuest is such a project, and so is Wet Paint Live. After that, I'll check on my poor husband who has thrown out his bad back, and then go to Bonita Springs with some paintings for a dentist with a new office. He's an art collector looking for something for help his patients to "zone out" while he does his work. Some beach somewhere???? Sold

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...