Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

12/28/07

Between Dawn & Dusk

I like to start each New Year fresh and clean, reducing the baggage carried from one year to the next, both mentally and artistically. I'm running out of time, and in the studio, have been working from my "unfinished" or "needs work" pile. These are paintings that I've lost the inspiration for, or can't quite get the mood, or have a composition issue. Today's painting is one that was started last spring, as a demonstration at the Art League of Marco. Since I only had 45 minutes, I didn't finish the painting that day, and since then it has been hanging in the studio waiting for some attention. After working on it now and then over the last couple of weeks, I finished it yesterday! It's actually a little brighter than pictured here, and the result is a rather pleasing feeling of mysterious light hard to find in the mid-day.
Sold

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...