Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

2/19/08

For the next two days you will find me on Third Street South and the NW corner of 13th Avenue in Naples, where I'll be painting out as one of 36 artists supporting "Canvas on Third," a fundraiser for the Naples Art Association. The completed paintings will hang in Third Street businesses for a week and be auctioned off at a Gala as the Art Association next week. My painting will be hanging at my sponsor's Amano, so look for it there when you go in for some fun new home goods. Thanks, Amano, for your sponsorship!
As I'm getting ready to go I'm watching the sky. It sure looks like thunderstorms today, and the light is really flat. Hopefully the weather outlook will improve with the rising sun! Apparently the organizers will not care if you paint the scene in front of you or work from a photo of your own. Buildings and street scapes are not really my thing, but I'd like to be true to the spirit of the thing. Oh well, we'll see what the day brings!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...