Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

2/15/08

The landscape softens when there's a lot of moisture in the air, and here in South Florida that happens more frequently in the summer months when there is daily high humidity. This winter we've had a number of days when it's been as humid as summer and just plain hot. This paintings was inspired by one of those mornings when the night was cool and the warmth of the morning brought up enough moisture for a bit of fog, deliciously softening a landscape that can be brutally sharp at times. The Everglades landscape has a personality and moods to explore just like most people. I've been interpreting these moods through my paintings for many years and it's still my pleasure to show you this ancient landscape. Today I'm off to the studio to finish up some last minute framing and then to the Center for the Arts to set up for the weekend show. I'll be doing a demonstration at my booth on Saturday at 11. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...