Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

2/11/08

Everglades Creek Painting by JoAnn Sanborn

It's been so much warmer on Marco Island this winter I seem to be working on warm color paintings more than usual. This painting, Everglades Creek, was finished yesterday. I used gesso for the white in the clouds this time since it keeps the acrylic paint open longer for more pushing and pulling without drying too quickly. I mixed it with some medium for adhesion and some paint for color. But this morning is cool, and doesn't look like we will have many clouds in our sky today. I'll try to do a small painting or two with the wonderful feeling and the rich colors of the morning skies we've been enjoying. I need a few more small things for the Marco Island Festival of the Arts at the Art League here on Marco. There'll be something for everyone, including an antique car show and the Marco Idol music contest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...