Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

2/6/08

The fragile beauty of the Everglades continues to fascinate me. Interpreting them through my art has become my mantra and my mission. I value the solitude of the open prairie, delight in the way the breezes dance across the marsh grass, and wonder as the clouds or showers race over the landscape. The light moves and changes with the moment. I want to make the viewer stop and take notice of a landscape that may have gone unremarked, and to show them my appreciation for time when light and color and nature all come together as gift of nature. That special moment in time may never come again. Come visit my Everglades and see for yourself!
One of the easiest ways is to Learn about the Glades is to visit the Big Cypress National Preserve. A preserve has rules that aren't quite as strict as a National Park, but the activites are weighed to keeping the land for the future. Park Ranger Lisa Andrews stopped by recently to tell me that the Big Cypress is easier than ever to access. They've a nice boardwalk, many trails, and offer guided tours. Maps can be picked up at the Nature Center on Route 41, the Tamiami Trail. They also have a great residency program for artists, photographers and poets!
You've seen this painting before, but I've given it another pass and a new life!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...