Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

4/18/08

Meandering Downs

This Cotswold landscape is a commissioned piece for a client who wants to feel the warmth of the meandering downs in his painting. I'm just beyond the block-out stage, and it will take a little more time to get all the values and colors in harmony. It's a peaceful piece, and as I'm working on it I'm remembering how my sister and I enjoyed traveling together through the English countryside almost fifteen years ago. Have to plan another trip, sis!

A nice newlywed couple from New Hampshire stopped by yesterday to visit the studio. Jen's mother had given them money to buy art on their honeymoon. They had visited the Studio Gallery, loved my work but the pieces there were too large for them, so the owner sent them to me for a studio visit. Jen immediately knew which painting she wanted, but Dean wasn't so sure. They went off quite pleased with two paintings, one pick for each, and within their budget, too! It's so pleasing to deal with young collectors and to see their pleasure in owning original art.

Today I'll be packing up and hanging the show for Salon de Garage at the Sweet Art Gallery on Trade Center Way. Hours are Saturday from 8-4. A number of Naples artists are participating and artwork will be hung floor to ceiling, salon style. Many of the paintings will be unframed, and some will be as much as half price. This is my first ever sale! You can learn more here. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...