Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

4/4/08

Two Palms

Best Friends? Lovers? I moved the background way back and subdued it to let these two palms take the lead and highlighted them with strong color. It's a small painting, but powerful and pleasing.
We'll be at the last Art in the Park all day tomorrow. Art in the Park is put on by the Naples Art Association on the first of each month from November to April for their juried in members. Its a quality show, but smaller and more laid back than some, without the frantic "sell" mentality of the larger shows. It's nice to visit with the other artists and see what's going on with their lives and work and to greet customores new and returning.
I won't get much painting done today, because I'm still getting ready for the Florida Landscape in Acrylics workshop I'll be teaching next week. In addition, the outside door of my studio will be replaced today with hurricane resistant glass. We've already replaced the glass in the rest of the house as part of a plan to make our home safer in the inevitable Florida storms! Then tomorrow, two of my dear grandkids will come for a spring break visit. So, it may be a while before I post again! SOLD!

1 comment:

Linda Blondheim said...

I enjoyed reading your blog and the goings on in South Florida.

Linda Blondheim
www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com
www.lindablondheim.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...