Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

4/6/08

Ancient Artist Blog

Good Morning. Sue Smith has published an interview with me on her Ancient Artist Blog. Sue be lives that the voices of older artists need to be heard, so often talks with and publishes interviews with older artists. You'll enjoy her artwork and her interviews with other artists, too! I'm delighted to be included. Thanks, Sue!

If you are getting this by email and haven't visited the blog lately, you might enjoy the change of colors and some new links! Pay a visit! Thanks to collector Bloom who purchased "Rounding the Mark" It will go to Connecticut, and into a very nice collection. Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jo Ann,
Your interview with Sue on Ancient Artist was terrific. You've so captured the light of the Florida skies in your compositions. You've made landscape painting look so
more interesting and personal that I may try one myself!

I greatly appreciated your insightful sharing of method using acrylics. The way you've used color looks very much like the softness of oils.

Wonderful work - so glad to have met you and your art here.

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

Thanks for your kind words, Bonnie! I've been to your island, love your art, and especially enjoyed your comments about commissions! Jo-Ann

Anonymous said...

If you'd consider re-visiting St Croix again, why not do it by teaching a class HERE!
We're a hungry group of diverse painters, the majority of them are landscape painters ( funny enough, I've never tried one- being drawn to people ).
Just a little something to think about.
I find so few acrylic painters that express their work with the subtle softness and unexpected color range as your work shows.
It's challenging to use oils in this environment so I find myself at a disadvantage in learning from others.

I really love your paintings.
Bonnie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...