Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

4/23/08

Yesterday I worked on both Meandering Downs and the class demo, but neither one changed enough to show to you, so I'm showing you something from the early years. In a recent conversation with a student asking about my painting history, and I commented that my old paintings look so "seventies." Today's painting is one of the few surviving examples from that time. I'm don't know if the photo was taken level, if the painting was ever finished, or where the painting is today, but you can clearly see the "seventies" influence. What is it? I'm not sure, but it seems to have something to do with the composition and the heavy outlining. Despite the lack of cohesion in the flowers, I don't think an art historian would have a problem identifying the time period of this painting. Seventies!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...