Florida painter, Everglades, Marco Island, artist Jo-Ann Sanborn

8/8/08

One of the things I love most when I paint is to create a moment in time. When possible, I do this on site, but more often lately I'm in the studio. This soft morning scene is one of those moments. Imagine it's just after dawn, when the morning clouds are lifting and the light is clear. Imagine being in a kayak or canoe and moving slowly through the swamp. Even a wading bird having breakfast is not disturbed as we glide quietly by. At each turn a new scene unfolds and with that, new delight in nature's bounty. The grasses and the myriad of life they hold is such a mystery to ponder. The sky lightens and the light flickers as the day unfolds. Wish I could be out there on the water at dawn more than I am!

There's a place in my past that's no longer accessible to me, and another from my childhood that I return to in my mind for peace. What's your favorite peaceful place?

There's a nice group of photos from Tuesday's event in the Marco Eagle this morning, and you can see them here. You may even see one of yourself and friends!

Morning Glide
7" x 5" (17.8cm x 12.7cm)
acrylic on board
$150 with FREE shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...